A Reiki attunement is the process by which a person receives the ability to give Reiki treatments. The attunement is administered by the Reiki Master during the Reiki class. During the attunement, the Reiki Master will touch the students head, shoulders, and hands and use one or more special breathing techniques.
Level 1 is a practitioner’s initiation into Reiki and is open to anyone. The focus during Level 1 is on opening the energy channels on a physical level, allowing the practitioner to connect to the universal life force energy, which flows from the cosmos through the crown of the head and down to the heart and hands.
A Reiki attunement can be a powerful sacred time for those who receive it. When a Reiki Master initiates a student, they are gifted with the ability to then channel Reiki energy through their own hands – to heal oneself and others. Following an initiation the student becomes a Reiki Practitioner Certificate & Reiki manual provided.
A Reiki initiation (attunement) is passed down by a Reiki Master through a series of ancient sanskrit rituals.
The attunement is an initiation to open up crown, heart, and palm chakras to allow Reiki energies to flow through. Reiki attunements open a channel for the Reiki energy to flow from practitioner’s hands to the client.
There are 4 attunements in total. The actual attunement process for all four initiations are secret and kept so over years.
Following the ancient transmitted process the individual is attuned to be a Reiki practitioner.
A Reiki Attunement enables you to be a carrier of more light, to receive and channel more universal energy and attune yourself to changing energies with grace and ease. It empowers you to make the changes yourself.
During the course you will learn about the history of Reiki, the chakra system, how to conduct a self healing and how to offer a treatment to close friends and family. You will receive a Reiki treatment from your Reiki Master and practice giving a treatment on the day, you will be taught the various body positions that are more conducive to Reiki energy as well as all the necessary information required by Reiki I. You will learn hands-on as well as hands-off techniques, something that has been rediscovered in the West quite recently. This diversity of healing allows the Reiki practitioner to then improvise and innovate with their healing when they leave.
A Reiki attunement has three primary benefits
- Firstly, it paves the way for the student being attuned to undergo a powerful spiritual transformation that lasts for the rest of their lives. Being attuned means that one is connected to the flow of Universal Energy that can literally change lives for the better. The Reiki initiation opens a practitioner to receive and channel more universal energy, which allows them greater connection to Source as well as their Higher Selves (Inner Spirit). As we connect with Spirit more and more, we remember the reality of who we are – Spiritual beings having a human experience – it is here where we begin to experience true miracles in our lives.
- The second benefit is that once attuned, an individual immediately becomes a Reiki practitioner. This means that they now have the ability to heal themselves using Reiki. Self-healing can be practiced daily to allow Universal energy to permeate all levels of being – leading to a calmer, vibrant and more fulfilling life. Physical pains can be self-healed as well as emotional and mental turbulence that we often feel in our lives.
- The third benefit, of course, is the ability to offer others the wonderful gift of a Reiki treatment session. Giving Reiki sessions not only help to heal and balance a recipient, but also wonderfully healing the practitioner whilst he/she gives the healing. Many Reiki practitioners choose not to pursue professional engagement and enjoy wonderful lives with the ability to self-heal and to heal others if they choose. And of course, many choose to professional engage in Reiki treatment to learn deeper healing techniques (as with Reiki II and Reiki III: Master Teacher Training).
Anyone can receive a Reiki attunement, and as soon as one does they are open to channel Universal energy for the rest of their lives. There is no way that someone “cannot be good” at Reiki. Once initiated through the attunement process, an individual becomes a Reiki practitioner for life. Also remember that there is no wrong way to give Reiki since the energy that is channelled is intelligent in itself. Therefore Reiki energy will always work for the highest good of the recipient and the practitioner.
- Receiving a REIKI session from your REIKI Master
- Hearing about the history of Reiki, where it originated. Who is Usui?
- Four Reiki attunements throughout the day by your Reiki Master Learning to use your newly opened-hands for healing on others in the workshop
- Learning where hand placements are when giving a Reiki treatment, through experience with others
- Discussion time about experiences as well as time open to others
- Reiki Share
- Certificate in Reiki I,
- Reiki Manual – detailing ancient information, hand placements and techniques to bring Reiki into your life.
- One to One Reiki Session with Reiki Master
- A full day of healing
- Experience and practice at exchanging a Reiki treatment among other Seminar attendees